Thursday, September 13, 2007

Ride to Vega & Restaurant Review







Bill, Ron & I took a Thursday after work cruise to Vega via Boys Ranch Road. We stopped in at the newly opened Boot Hill Saloon & Grill in Vega. This restaurant is owned by Rory Schepisi, who was the runner-up in a big Food Network show which I never saw, but was told by my wife that it was a very big deal and that Rory got hosed. I did not take the attached picture of Rory, but stole it from the Amarillo Globe-News site (photo by Steve Lewis).

The food was quite good, but a tad pricey. You get what you pay for I guess. Ron got the Jack Ryan burger which was a big-ass burger with mushrooms and fries, $8. Bill got the Filet Mignon Chili, $9, and I got the Green Chile Chicken Won-tons, $9. My main complaint was that they seemed stingy with the ice tea. Especially after charging $3 for it.

Also, you would think that the Resistol-and-Starched-Wrangler crowd that this place attracts would be better at controlling their screaming children. Next time, I'm springing for the $5 three-day private club membership, and eating in the Saloon end. And drinking a beer as well, motorcycle safety not withstanding.
I give it 3.5 stars out of 5. They need to dump the smelly oil lamps too.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home